Healthwatch Hammersmith & Fulham is the independent ‘consumer champion’ for health and social care. We were created by the Health & Social Act 2012 to represent the views of patients and the public in our local area. Whether it’s improving them today or helping to shape them for tomorrow, Healthwatch Hammersmith & Fulham is all about local voices being able to influence the delivery and design of local services. Not just people who use them, but anyone who might need to in future.
Healthwatch Hammersmith & Fulham has six core functions:
- Provide information and advice to the public about accessing health and social care services and choice in relation to those services.
- Obtain the views of people about their needs for and experience of local health and social care services and make those views known to those involved in the commissioning and scrutiny of care services
- Make reports and make recommendations about how those services could or should be improved
- Promote and support the involvement of people in the monitoring, commissioning and provision of local health and social care services.
- Make the views and experiences of people known to Healthwatch England helping it to carry out its role as national champion.
- Make recommendations to Healthwatch England to advise the Care Quality Commission to carry out special reviews or investigations into areas of concern.
For easy read information please see the following documents:
For more information on what we do and what we have done, please see the following pages: