Healthwatch Hammersmith & Fulham is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Healthwatch Hammersmith & Fulham may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
What we collect
We collect personal information from visitors to this website through the use of online forms and every time you email us your details. We will only collect personal information volunteered by you.
We may collect the following information:
- name and job title
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, ethnicity and interests
- feedback from surveys and online forms other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
- preferred means of communication
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- In our day-to-day work.
- To ensure we are reaching all sections of the community.
- To send you our newsletter where you have requested it.
- To respond to any queries you may have
- To improve the quality and safety of care.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
This may include any personal information that you choose to share with us, but we will treat this as confidential and protect it accordingly.
- We will never include your personal information in survey reports.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Who we disclose the information to
In order to fulfil our remit, we may disclose the personal information that we obtain through this website to the Secretary of State for Health, other parts of the Care Quality Commission (CQC), Healthwatch England, the NHS Commissioning Board, Monitor and every local authority in England, and suppliers we engage to process personal information on our behalf.
However, we will only disclose your personal information where we have your consent to do so, or where there is another very good reason to make the disclosure – for example, we may disclose information to CQC or a local authority where we think it is necessary to do so in order to protect a vulnerable person from abuse or harm. Any such disclosure will be made in accordance with the requirements of the Data Protection Act 1998.
Wherever possible, we will ensure that any information that we share or disclose is anonymised, so as to ensure that you cannot be identified from it.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Signing up to our newsletter
We use a third-party supplier to provide our newsletter service. By subscribing to this service you will be agreeing to them handling your data.
The third-party supplier handles the data purely to provide this service on our behalf. This supplier observes the requirements of the Data Protection Act 1998 in how they obtain, handle and process your information and will not make your data available to anyone other than Healthwatch.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to Healthwatch Hammersmith & Fulham, Martin House, 1 Swift Road, Southall, UB2 4RP.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Healthwatch Hammersmith & Fulham will see to that the recorded data, including the personal information, is handled carefully and protected properly following the currently applicable safety standards.
Healthwatch Hammersmith & Fulham regularly audits its system for possible vulnerabilities and attacks. However, since the internet is not a 100% secure environment, Healthwatch Hammersmith & Fulham cannot ensure or warrant the security of information you transmit to Healthwatch Hammersmith & Fulham. Emails sent via the Website are not encrypted, and Healthwatch Hammersmith & Fulham therefore advises you not to communicate any confidential information through these means.
Disclosure of information
We may also remove any personal information from your contributions to the website and then share this anonymous data with third parties who have comparable objectives to improve health and social care services.
Healthwatch Hammersmith & Fulham will ensure that all information shared with stakeholders is subject to strict data sharing protocols as per guidelines set out by Healthwatch England and in the Data Protection Act.