Where to get help if you are concerned about your child’s mental health?

NHS urges public to get care when they need it and to still seek NHS care and attend scheduled appointments during the Covid-19 pandemic.

A guide published by The North West London Health and Care Partnership provides useful information for parents concerned about their child’s mental health.

Here is what the guide states: 

  • The NHS is here to support your mental health during the coronavirus pandemic, as well as your physical health.
  • If you are concerned about the mental health of your child, please contact your GP or check online self-referral options for under 18 years olds at
  • If you are facing mental health issues contact your GP or key worker, if you have one, and continue to access your mental health services as usual. We are also still open for new referrals, via your GP or online.
  • If you’re experiencing stress and anxiety, you can get further information, including how to self-refer to psychological therapies at
  • If you are facing a mental health crisis, use the NHS 111 online service. If you cannot get help online, call 111.

Leave a Comment

(will not be published)