24/7 Mental Health Single Point of Access number change
All Mental Health Trusts were required to have a 24/7 Crisis Line in line with the NHS Long Term Plan of the 1st April 2021. This was brought forward to 2020 due to the COVID-19 pandemic with a specific requirement that all crisis lines should be free at the point of entry.
The 24/7 Mental Health Single point of access phone line (this includes the patient helpline) is changing its number to become a Freephone number. This will also mean the helpline is consistent with the principle of the NHS being free at the point of delivery.
The current number is 0300 1234 244. The new number will be 0800 328 4444.
- The changes affect the Mental Health Single Point of Access.
- The new number will be 0800 328 4444 from 3 November 2020.
- People can call this number to get help or advice in a crisis from our trained mental health advisors and clinicians, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
- Calls to this number are not charged.
- This does not affect the Ealing Community Partners SPA (Ealing Community Referrals Hub) and their number will remain the same.